My Blog List

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Classical Chinese Poetry

http://www.chinapage.com/poetry9.html



* * *

Ps:13:6:
6 (12-6) But I have trusted in thy mercy. My heart shall rejoice in thy salvation: I will sing to the Lord, who giveth me good things: yea, I will sing to the name of the Lord, the most high. (DRV)

___________________________________________________

500 BC
CONFUCIAN ANALECTS
Confucius
2

The Master said, "The superior man is catholic and not partisan. The
mean man is partisan and not catholic."

___________________________________________________


Tao Te Ching - Chapter 77

The Tao of Heaven
Is like drawing a bow
Lower that which is high
Raise that which is low
Reduce that which has excess
Add to that which is lacking
The Tao of heaven
Reduces the excessive
And adds to the lacking
The Tao of people is not so
It reduces the lacking
In order to offer to the excessive
Who can offer their excess to the world?
Only those who have the Tao
Therefore sages act without conceit
Achieve without claiming credit
They do not wish to display their virtue!

No comments: